Adding video content to YouTube can get complicated, especially if you manage multiple Google properties from within your Google account. Below are basic instructions on how to add a video to a YouTube channel, assuming you have already set up a Google account (see: How To Set Up A Google Account) and are logged in:
- You should see a small round profile image in the extreme top right of your page. If you manage multiple products or channels, you may not be signed into the desired channel by default. If you are already on the correct channel, skip to Step 3.
- To switch to the channel you want to upload content to, click on the round profile image, wait a moment for a drop down list to populate, then select the channel that you want to manage.
- You should now be logged into the channel you want to manage, and should see the appropriate channel profile image in the far top right corner. At this point, you have two options to upload a video: 1) Select the “Upload” video in the top right, to the left of the profile image. or 2) Click on the profile image to expand the options again, but select the “Creator Studio” button immediately below the profile image; Creator Studio will give you the same options for Uploading, but will also show your channel status and uploaded videos.
- Once on the Upload page, select the video you wish to upload. Before the upload file is selected, you have the option to select the privacy status of the video (see: YouTube Video Privacy Types). Default is Public, but you can select, via a dropdown in the file upload area, whether you would also like the video to be Private or Unlisted.
- Once you have selected the video you’d like to upload, it will begin to upload and process your video. This can take a moment, and you should not close the browser at this point.
- Once the video has uploaded, adjust any necessary settings and be sure to set a helpful and descriptive video title and description. Be careful to select Private or Unlisted if you do not wish to have your video searchable from within YouTube/Google.
Shortlink for this page: B0LD.us/?add-youtube-video