- A formal quote may be provided, as a courtesy, and represents an estimated time/cost to complete a specific project. A deviation in project scope or drastically unexpected factors impacting the completion of the project will void the estimate provided in the quote.
- In most cases and whenever possible, we will make every attempt to adhere to a quoted amount and cap our invoicing to the quoted amount if we exceed our allotted budget. If work is completed within a shorter time frame than quoted, it is our general policy to credit the difference between the quoted amount and actual time investment. Credit will be applied to the original project invoice.
- Quotes must be in writing, preferably on official letterhead, and will typically be accompanied by a brief scope of work. Verbal quotes are simply a rough estimation and should not be relied upon for more than a ballpark reference.
- BOLDelite employs a four tier rate structure, depending on the nature of the project. Our prices are calculated based on a standard hourly rate, which may be adjusted up or down on a project-specific basis. Our project rates may be impacted by several factors, including: project scope, project management needs, or expedited delivery requirements.
- We generally process outgoing invoices on a monthly basis for recurring work, or at project closeout for projects that have a defined completion milestone (for example, when a website is taken live after development).
- In the event a project timeline is delayed and extended beyond what is deemed normal or expected — at no fault of BOLDelite’s — a preemptive invoice may be issued for work completed up to that date. The remainder of the project balance will be invoiced at project closeout.
- It is generally assumed that our clients will remit full payment in a timely fashion, most often within 30 days of receipt of invoice. We reserve the right to apply late fees, when necessary; our standard late fee is a monthly compounding rate of 10%. Payment arrangements may be made on a case-by-case basis, but must be approved prior to the start of the project.
- Invoices generally reflect a “cash discount” rate, as the majority of our clientele pay by check. Card payments can be accepted but may be subject to a 3% convenience fee.
- BOLDelite reserves the right to request reimbursement for additional expenses incurred as a result of an excessively late payment or bounced check.
Site Backup Policy
- Website backups are the sole responsibility of the site owner. At the time your site is taken live, you may request a second copy of your site files for archival purposes, at an additional cost (backups are often provided on a CD or flash drive).
- Although backups are the responsibility of the site owner, BOLDelite takes every possible measure to maintain a backup of initial website data for at least one year from the date of the site launch. This service should not be relied upon and is only provided as an additional backup measure in the event of catastrophic data loss.
- BOLDelite may be contracted via a paid maintenance agreement to perform website backups on a one-time or recurring basis. This service is not included in the cost of developing and deploying a website, and only covers the creation of restore points.
- In the event that a backup must be restored, the work required to deploy site backups will be billed at the standard hourly rate. Unless otherwise noted, paid maintenance agreements do not include the cost to restore a site using a backup.
A note about our policies
BOLDelite makes every effort to adhere to consistent policies and practices in order to create the best environment for healthy client relationships. However, all issues are subject to be handled on a case-by-case basis and are up to the discretion of our company ownership and project managers. Our policies are simply outlined guidelines, provided solely as a courtesy to our clients, and are not warranted in any way.
Shortlink for this page: B0LD.us/?policies