If you need to provide others — whether a developer, marketer, or otherwise — access to manage or view any of your GoDaddy products, you’re in luck. GoDaddy provides great options to provide Delegate Access to third parties, leaving you in control of who can manage your products, and restricting access to your sensitive data or billing information.
To manage Delegate Access of your GoDaddy account, follow these easy steps:
- Visit GoDaddy.com
- Click on the “Sign In” link in the extreme top right portion of the page to expand the account management box
- Enter your login credentials and click the “Sign In” button
- Once logged in, you should be taken to your product dashboard, by default
- Toward the top of the page, toward the left, you should see an “Account Settings” drop down. Alternatively, you can navigate to Account Settings by clicking on your name in the top right corner, expanding your Customer Info box, and selecting “Account Settings.”
- From here, select “Delegate Access”
- Under the “People who can access my account” section, select the “Grant Access” box
- Enter the name and email address of the person who has requested access to your GoDaddy account (most likely a web developer)
- Assign the level of access you would like to give the user. In most cases, “Manage Products” is sufficient, as the developer can send you shopping carts for you to purchase, once they have delegate access permissions.
- Once those fields are complete, select the “Invite” button, which will send an access invitation to the specified email address
At this point, you should have completed sufficient steps in order to allow other users to access your GoDaddy account with the permissions you have defined.
Please note, these instructions were current as of May 2016.
Shortlink for this page: B0LD.us/?godaddy-access